Adult Learn To Row (Info)
Open to all residents of North Alabama and the Tennessee Valley who have graduated high school. Class teaches the fundamentals of sweep rowing – covering basics (such as boat parts and terminology), common commands and sweep rowing technique.
Adult Learn-to-Row Program ($150) consists of six two hour sessions over a two week period.
|Cycle 1: May/June beginning May 2018
Cycle 2: beginning July 2018
|Session 1: Saturday 7:00 am – 9:30 am|
|Session 2: Sunday 7:00 am – 9:30 am|
|Session 3: Wednesday 5:30 pm – 6:30 pm|
|Session 4: Saturday 7:00 am – 9:30 am|
|Session 5: Sunday 7:00 am – 9:30 am|
|Session 6: Wednesday 5:30 pm – 6:30 pm|
Session One and Two: Introduction to Rowing
- Orientation to the boathouse, equipment and language used in rowing
- Safety on and off the water
- Body mechanics of the rowing stroke on an ergometer (rowing machine)
- Take some strokes in a rowing shell on the Tennessee River
Sessions 4-6: Rowing Skills Development
- Build on the the first two sessions with a focus on developing the skills, confidence, and personal fitness to enjoy this magical sport.
Note: There are 2 cycles currently scheduled. If you would like to be notified when dates are established, please go to to to the Adult Adult Learn To Row Registration to indicate your interest.